About Medohar Guggulu
Medohar Guggulu is anti-obesity herbal medicine used in ayurveda. It stimulates fat metabolism and burns excess body fat. It helps the adequate use of the fats in the body by burning it off.
Initially, some people have reported increase in their appetite, but they feel reduction in appetite after a few days. Therefore, you should not stop taking Medohar Guggul and increase intake of salads, fruits and vegetables or foods with low glycemic index. Almost all types of salads, fruits and vegetables have low glycemic index, so it is best healthy and nutritious diet in your weight loss program. You can also add Vrikshamla (Garcinia Cambogia) to suppress excessive craving for foods.
Ingredients of Medohar Guggulu
- Suddha Guggul – commiphora mukul
- Black pepper (piper nigrum)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Pipali (Long Pepper) – Pepper Longum
- Mustak (Nagarmotha or Nut grass) – Cyperus rotundus
- Chitrakmool – Plumbaga zeylanica
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Bibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Amla (Amalaki) – Emblica officinalis
- Vaividang (Embelia ribes)
- Castor Oil (Erand tel)
Medohar Guggulu Benefits & Uses
Medohar Guggulu is a unique preparation that works on metabolism and naturally burns fats. However, it is formulated only obesity, but it also work for associated diseases such as diabetes, knee pain, fatty liver, high cholesterol levels, breathing troubles and belly fat. It works in all following KAPHA symptoms associated with these diseases.
- laziness or inactiveness
- Loss of energy
- Feeling of heaviness in the body
- Abdominal heaviness after meal
- Excessive sleep
- Passive depression or aloneness
Obesity & Belly Fat
In some people, Medohar Guggulu can alone work. It works best reducing belly fat and hip fat. However, you may also require other remedies to speed up the fat burning process.
In diabetes, Medohar Guggulu works in obese people with above listed KAPHA symptoms. Its main action is on insulin resistance diabetes. It may not work in insulin insufficiency. In such condition, patient may require other insulin production stimulating remedies.
Knee Pain or osteoarthritis
Medohar Guggulu is not directly indicated in osteoarthritis, but it becomes useful when knee pain is associated with obesity.
Medohar Guggulu is very helpful for people with fatty liver syndrome. It reduces excess fat from the liver and corrects the liver functions. In most cases, fatty liver syndrome has a link with obesity, so it works in both and provides relief from liver disorders.
High cholesterol levels
Medohar Guggulu also works for cleansing the blood vessels and reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
Dosage of Medohar Guggulu
The general dosage of Medohar Guggulu is as follows.
- Children – 250 to 500 mg
- Adults – 500 to 1000 mg
- Pregnancy – NOT RECOMMENDED
- Geriatric (Old age) – 250 to 500 mg
- Maximum Possible Dosage 6 grams per day (in divided doses)
Caution & Side Effects
Medohar Guggulu is POSSIBLY SAFE and WELL TOLERATED with dosage less than 2 grams per day. The heavy dosage may cause following side effects.
- Dull headache (commonly associated with acidity and occurs in people with history of acidity, gastritis or ulcer)
- Increase in appetite (it may not its side effects, as people feel it initially and after a few days it reduces itself)
- Loss of appetite (it occurs in people with chronic gastritis or digestive troubles)
You should not take Medohar Guggul in pregnancy. It has warm property, which means it produces heat in the body. The medicines having hot potency are not used in pregnancy according to ayurvedic science.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.